Technology / Service Summary
Waste to Energy is the process of thermal treatment of waste, coupled with systems to recover energy and remove toxins in flue gas.
Sanitary treatment of municipal solid waste, with an added benefit of using waste as a resource to produce energy.
Waste to Energy plant is a safe and effective way to reduce the volume of waste destined for final disposal, especially for cities which face problems with rising waste quantities due to rapid urbanization and population growth.
1. Large treatment capacities
(up to 1,000 t/d per line, one of the largest in the world)
2. High power generation efficiency
(up to 30% gross, the highest in the world)
3. Advanced Flue Gas Cleaning
(complies with the strictest emissions regulations, including those of the Japan)
4. Easy maintenance and long continuous operation
(7,200 - 8,000 hrs/yr is the global standard, while we have references for up to 10,000 hrs of continuous operation)
1. Reduction of waste volume by 90-95%
- Avoid waste-related harms on human health and environment
- Prolongation of existing landfill site, sustainable use of land
2. Contribution to environmental protection
- Avoid green house gas emissions and other environmental impacts of landfilling
- Modern and proven pollution control technologies effectively removes toxins
- Off-set the need for fossil fuels
Generation of renewable energy
- Stable energy sales income (base load power) - “Trash to treasure”
- Contribution to national energy security
Applicable Regions / Countries
- Southeast Asia
- Central/South Asia
- China/ East Asia
- ASEAN countries
Indonesia,Cambodia,Singapore,Thailand,Philippines,Brunei Darussalam,Viet Nam,Malaysia,Myanmar,Lao PDR
NIPPON STEEL ENGINEERING's Waste to Energy technology is proven on a global level with over 600 references, in the past 60 years.
(references includes facilities that the others' constructed using NSE' technology)
Notable accomplishments, among the 600 reference units, include the following.
1. Taoyuan, Taiwan Waste to Energy Plant
Start-up year: 2022 / Treated waste: Municipal Solid Waste, Commercial Waste / Capacity: 330 tons/day x 2 lines / Scope: Engineering & Supply of Core Systems, and SV /
2. Hiagari, Fukuoka, Japan Waste to Energy Plant
Start-up year: 2025 / Treated waste: Municipal Solid Waste / Capacity: 254 tons/day x 2 lines / Scope: Build-Transfer-Operate (BTO) /
We have also participated in a feasibility study for the realization of Waste to Energy project in numerous cities in Asia.
In the Philippines, we have conducted a feasibility studies in Laguna Techno Park and Davao City, sponsored by JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency) and the Ministry of Environment Japan.
Related SDGs Goals
- 7. Affordable and Clean Energy
- 9. Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- 11. Sustainable Cities and Communities
- 13. Climate Action
- 14. Life Below Water
NIPPON STEEL ENGINEERING's Waste to Energy technology have been contributing to a Circular Economy by recovering energy and material from waste in an efficient and environmentally-safe manner. Regulated under strict government norms and in most cases under even stricter local and social norms of Japan, our technologies have long been chosen by our customers as a safe and optimum solution. May our collective effort and state-of-the-art technologies assist you with the right solution for your environmental needs.
Please feel free to contact us for more information any time. Let us work with you and find a solution together!