Technology / Service Summary
AEROXIA™ , a clean and smart electric power facility where SF₆ gas is replaced by natural-origin gas, will be embedded in the community as distributed energy resources are becoming more common.
SF₆ gas, which has excellent electrical insulation , has been used in electric power facilities. However, the greenhouse eﬀect of SF₆ is very high, thus now being replaced with a natural-origin gas composed of N₂, CO₂, and O₂. AEROXIA™ can be used safely for distributed energy resources in cities and towns.
Fully conforms to the "7 requirements" of the evaluation index for alternative technologies recommended by the SF₆ Alternative Gases Study Group.
(1) Safety: No risk of poisoning or asphyxiation, no decomposition gas generation due to short-circuit current interruption.
(2) Environment of use: Applicable to outdoor use, and can be used at temperatures below -20°C without heater.
(3) Supply of gas: General industrial gas, zero risk of supply.
(4) Simplified gas handling: Pre-mixed gas supply (no special equipment required), can be released into the atmosphere.
(5) Total cost: Reduction of incidental costs associated with SF₆ gas management, realizing reasonable costs
(6) Replaceability: Replaceable with conventional existing facilities including underground substations.
(7) Expandability to upper ratings: Selection and application of appropriate technologies based on the basic concept of natural-origin gas.
There is no future risk to the environment, health, or regulation. Additionally, AEROXIA™ has a further advantage of being labor-saving in terms of maintenance.
Applicable Regions / Countries
Related SDGs Goals
- 7. Affordable and Clean Energy
- 9. Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- 12. Responsible Consumption and Production
- 13. Climate Action