Technology / Service Summary
Using plastic waste to produce hydrogen, which is increasingly in demand as a low-carbon fuel, to provide a locally produced, locally consumed decarbonization solution.
- To prevent plastic pollution by advanced utilization of plastic waste.
- To produce low carbon hydrogen with local pr+O65oduction and local consumption model.
- By using incinerated waste plastic, it is possible to produce low-carbon hydrogen without the consumption of fossil resources and the emission of carbon dioxide associated with hydrogen production.
- JGC provides license and facility of fully commercialized plastic waste gasification technology EUP which has long term commercial operating track record.
- This technology, which does not require a large transportation infrastructure and can produce hydrogen on a small and medium scale, is considered to be particularly promising in satisfying the balance between supply and demand in the early stages of establishment of a hydrogen society.
- By using domestic plastic waste, it is possible to secure a hydrogen source, which contributes to energy security.
Applicable Regions / Countries
- Southeast Asia
- Central/South Asia
- China/ East Asia
- Middle East
- Central/South America
- ASEAN countries
Indonesia,Cambodia,Singapore,Thailand,Philippines,Brunei Darussalam,Viet Nam,Malaysia,Myanmar,Lao PDR
Related SDGs Goals
- 7. Affordable and Clean Energy
- 9. Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- 12. Responsible Consumption and Production
- 14. Life Below Water