Technology / Service Summary
A concept that integrates seaweed bed regeneration into a farm operation, considering local and aiming for sustainable, self-sustaining activity to propose a model for regional development.
It begins with seaweed bed regeneration at Moba Farm, generating/selling blue carbon credits, developing algae/sea urchin products, farm management and CO2 monitoring, aiming to:
1) Form a local community through farm operation
2) Restore the blue carbon ecosystem in harmony with the local environment
3) Execute extensive, sustainable activity to expand the blue carbon initiative
4) Create community-oriented businesses
We efficiently cultivate high CO2-capturing seaweed, process seafood into products, and establish a circular blue carbon ecosystem for enduring CO2 offset.
・Coastal erosion prevention
・Seaweed bed regeneration
Rather than aiming for simple coastal erosion improvement activity we create versatile seaweed bed with a vision of broader local and national growth.
We pursue sustainable initiatives, ranging from marine ecosystem restoration and protection to regional development. This has widespread effects.
1) Coastal erosion prevention, seaweed regeneration
Improvement of coastal erosion, restoration of water and marine resources
2) CO2 capturing
Climate change mitigation and creating blue carbon initiative
3) Seaweed cultivation
Creating local products by leveraging blue carbon ecosystem
4) Community oriented
Fostering coastal operations, skill and technology development, sustainable business models for regional development, regional revitalization, self-sufficiency and nationwide model expansion
Applicable Regions / Countries
- Southeast Asia
Related SDGs Goals
- 8. Decent Work and Economic Growth
- 9. Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- 11. Sustainable Cities and Communities
- 13. Climate Action
- 14. Life Below Water
- 17. Partnerships to achieve the Goal
Contact: Shinya Sakamoto